Market Manager - Boston
Department: Time Out Market
Reporting to: General Manager
We love what we do - and it shows! Time Out Market is the division of Time Out that brings our food and cultural experiences to life for our guests, readers and clients.
Our Market Managers take the lead in ensuring that the best of the city under one roof provides each of our guests and team members a memorable experience with each visit.
- Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with company’s expectations, while maintaining compliance with city, state and federal laws.
- Focus on succession management, training and, development of all Market employees
- Delegate responsibility to the management team as needed and enforce existing policies consistently
- Oversee and participate in the hiring, training, supervision management, coaching, counselling and evaluation of all members of the market team.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing and/or trade associations
- Work closes with the General Manager, Public Relations and Marketing teams on plans that result in optimum recognition and maximizing number of covers for the Market
- Protect and enhance the value of all Market assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process alongside with the General Manager
- Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and assist team members with any inquiries
- Develop and implement operating standards, policies and procedures to be followed by the management team
- Assign and instruct the employees in details of their work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary. Ensure that the performance appraisal tools are being utilized consistently and effectively.
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper restaurant operations, establish and enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the purchasing and finance teams
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper restaurant operations, enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the Purchasing and Finance team
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures
- Maintain positive and professional relations with vendors. Manage interaction of vendors on property with our staff.
- Create and execute action plans for any areas that need improvement or are in critical situation
- Maximize restaurant profitability; monitor the use of controls to ensure they remain effective
- Monitor labor costs and monitor the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses are being met
- Ensure health, safety and sanitation requirements are in compliance with Department of Health, OSHA and any city or state agencies and ensure all managers are aware of any changes in the law
- Participate in the development of annual budget for the entire restaurant; develop short and long term financial operating plans
- Open and/or close Market daily as scheduled following established standards and guidelines.
- Follow up cash handling procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist Management as needed in any other task necessary to ensure successful operations of the Market.
- Main focus on day to day operations, guest engagement, and staff supervision
About Time Out
What we look for in a candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced transformative company in pursuit of excellence
- Think globally
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
About our culture
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people. We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender, gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world, social justice, and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
About Time Out Group plc
Time Out Group is a global media and hospitality business that inspires and enables people to explore and enjoy the best of the city.
It all began in London in 1968 when Time Out helped people discover the exciting new urban cultures that had started up all over the capital. Since then, this iconic brand has consistently maintained its status as the go-to source of inspiration for both locals and visitors alike.
Time Out Group has been named one of the Most Innovative Companies for 2020 by Fast Company - this prestigious annual list honours the businesses making the most profound impact on both industry and culture, showcasing a variety of ways to thrive in today’s fast-changing world. The Group comprises two highly synergistic business divisions: Time Out Media and Time Out Market.
Time Out Media’s digital and physical media proposition comprises websites, mobile, social media, print and live events. Across these platforms, Time Out distributes its high-quality content – written and curated by local expert journalists – around the best food, drinks, culture, art, music, theatre, travel and entertainment in 328 cities and 58 countries. The Company is monetising this global reach and its strong traffic from a desirable audience via digital and print advertising as well as e-commerce. Since its launch 50 years ago, Time Out has become a global brand that advertisers and consumers love and trust
Time Out Market is a food and cultural market leveraging the Time Out brand to bring the best of the city under one roof: its best chefs, drinks and cultural experiences – based on the editorial curation Time Out has always been known for. The world’s first food and cultural market experience based wholly on editorial curation, Time Out Market captures decades of local knowledge, independent reviews and expert opinions. Everything that is being offered in Time Out Market must have been reviewed with four or five stars, and not one star less, by independent Time Out journalists.
The first Time Out Market opened in Lisbon in 2014 and is now Portugal’s most popular attraction with 4.1 million visitors in 2019. Following this success, five new Time Out Markets opened in North America in 2019 in Miami, New York, Boston, Montréal and Chicago, and we recently celebrated the opening of Time Out Market Dubai in April 2021. A further pipeline of other global locations includes Porto, Prague, Abu Dhabi and London.
Across both business divisions, the Group’s mission is to help people around the world go out better.
Time Out is a dynamic, pioneering brand and so is our team. We want to work with the best and brightest talent because we work for the world’s greatest cities, the people enjoying them and the businesses in them. As a truly global team we get to collaborate with colleagues from New York to Paris, Tokyo and Sydney and beyond. It’s our integrity, passion, curiosity, creativity and openness that make us successful and a unique team.
- Time Out Markets
- Time Out Market Boston
Time Out Market Boston
Competitive holiday / PTO allowance 🏖
Pension / 401K 👍
Complimentary tickets to events and shows 🎟
Staff socials & happy hours 🍕
Employee Assistance programmes ❤
Cycle to work schemes 🚲
Perk Box, giving you access to over 4000 perks and discounts 🎁
Workplace & culture
It’s your talent that makes us what we are and we want you to be the best you can be. Our aim is to make sure our workforce reflects the diversity of our audience we serve, which is why we promise to treat you with fairness and respect, whatever your age, disability status, gender, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status and family circumstances.
We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all.
We believe in an open world, social justice, and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
Market Manager - Boston
Loading application form
Already working at Time Out Group Plc?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.