Branded Content Writer, Hong Kong
Title: Branded Content Writer
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting to: Regional Content Director, APAC
About the role:
The Branded Content Writer is the lead for all commercial content within the business. Producing client content in the true Time Out tone and support the wider Time Out Asia commercial and content teams where needed.
The Branded Content writer is expected to work autonomously and bi lingual preferred. You are a solid writer capable of working with Time Out contributors where needed. You are to produce Time Out commercial, partnership, proposal and event content with the support of other staff members where needed.
- Production lead on all commercial content be it written, social video or eDM materials for both Time Out consumer website and business sites
- They are to assist with managing commercial elements of the weekly eDM
- They are to assist with the production of a business eDM in time
- They are to write/manage other solus EDMs or special project eDMs where necessary
- Managing the flow of content production including writing, producing and editing.
- Check and sub edit commercial social posts and are trained to produce them where appropriate
- They are to provide necessary content and ideas for commercial proposals, in addition to subedit pitches
- They are to attend commercial client meetings where needed, content brainstorming meetings and other commercial meetings as required to contribute native content ideas, and where necessary helping sales staff write content for pitches
- They are to aid writers by where necessary writing across the website, social and print across regions where needed
- They are to produce affiliate content where needed
- They are required to produce commercial reels/TikToks
- They are to work with the content and commercial team to come up with proactive content innovations to sell to clients
- They are to be the project leads on internal TO events, award offerings to manage both the editorial and commercial agendas
- They are to ensure commercial content achieves set traffic goals
About Time Out
What we look for in a candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced transformative company in pursuit of excellence
- Think globally
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
About our culture
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people. We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender, gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world, social justice, and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
About Time Out Group plc
Time Out Group is a global media and hospitality business that inspires connection and joy by capturing the soul of the world’s greatest cities through its two divisions – Time Out Media and Time Out Market.
Time Out launched in London in 1968 with a magazine to help people discover the exciting new urban cultures that had started up all over the city. Today, Time Out’s professional journalists curate the best things to do, see and eat in 333 cities in 59 countries.
Time Out Market is the world’s first editorially curated food and cultural market, bringing a city’s best chefs, restaurateurs and unique cultural experiences together under one roof. From cooking classes with top chefs to installations from local artists and live entertainment, Time Out Market captures the soul of the city.
The first Time Out Market opened in 2014 in a historic market hall in Lisbon, quickly turning into the most popular destination in the city with 4.1m locals and tourists visiting in 2019. The success of Lisbon brought further expansion in North America, with Time Out Market opening in five major cities in 2019: Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago and Montreal. In 2021, Time Out Market expanded into the Middle East with Time Out Market Dubai, and more Time Out Market locations are in the pipeline including Porto, London, Prague, Japan and more.
Time Out Group was named International Brand of the Year 2021 in the Campaign Publishing Awards – awarding bravery, editorial innovation and forward thinking. While Time Out Market won the Most Innovative Food & Beverage Concept Award at the Global RLI (Retail & Leisure International) Awards 2021
- Time Out Hong Kong
- Employment type
Time Out Hong Kong
Competitive holiday / PTO allowance 🏖
Pension / 401K 👍
Complimentary tickets to events and shows 🎟
Staff socials & happy hours 🍕
Employee Assistance programmes ❤
Cycle to work schemes 🚲
Perk Box, giving you access to over 4000 perks and discounts 🎁
Workplace & culture
It’s your talent that makes us what we are and we want you to be the best you can be. Our aim is to make sure our workforce reflects the diversity of our audience we serve, which is why we promise to treat you with fairness and respect, whatever your age, disability status, gender, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status and family circumstances.
We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all.
We believe in an open world, social justice, and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
Branded Content Writer, Hong Kong
Loading application form
Already working at Time Out Group Plc?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.